Thursday, May 20, 2010

Cherry-O Recipe Box Workshop


The new Cherry-O line from Close to my Heart is the new hit! Hopefully, you love it as well - it really "grows" on you!

I decided to combine a few of my loves for this workshop: Cherry-O, papercrafting, and cooking. Who doesn't need a darling recipe box? If you are like me, you have enough well-loved recipes to fill 2 or 3 boxes. Well then, that is why this workshop is so perfect!

This is another of my "double your fun" workshops, which means when you purchase the workshop you will get enough of everything you need to make 2 of what you see in the photo (2 boxes, 2 sets of 16 recipe cards, 2 sets of 4 dividers, 2 greeting cards {in case you want to give either of the boxes as a gift you will have a darling matching card!}). So, you can make 2 and keep them both (which is a great idea if you have tons of recipes like me), or you can make one for yourself and give the other as a gift, or you can split the workshop with a friend and you'll each get one. WOO HOO! By the way, thanks to my friends, Kim Lohberg, Karen Pederson and Nona Davenport for some of the inspiration for this workshop design.

If this is sounding like fun to you, keep reading.

You can participate in person by attending one of the workshops at my home in Union, KY or you can do it long distance. If you choose to do it long distance, I will cut and stamp your paper for you at no extra cost for my labor. If you decide to participate long-distance, you will just pay $5 more for shipping. Email me to sign up (scrappingbee@myctmh).

To do the workshop, all you need to do is purchase the Basic Kit. You are more than welcome to purchase the Better or Best Kits, but the Basic is all that is required. Please pay close attention to what you will need to bring or supply for the workshop, and what I will provide. That way you won't forget anything when you come.

Workshop Dates and Times to choose from:

* Wednesday, June 25 from 10 am - 1 pm
* Wednesday, June 25, from 7 - 10 pm


Basic Kit:

* 2 - Recipe Boxes
* 4 - 12" x 12" sheets of Cherry-O B&T paper (2 cherries, 2 tulip tone-on-tone)
* 2 - 12" x 12" sheets of Colonial White Cardstock
* 2 - 3/4" x 5 1/2" piece of Chocolate Cardstock
* 1 - Package of Clear Craft Buttons
* 1 - Recipe Card and Divider Set (includes 32 cards and 9 dividers)
* 1 - Chocolate Waxy Flax
* 2 - 4 1/2" x 5 3/4" cello envelopes (for cards you will make)
* 2 - Cutting Guides

Subtotal: $41.20*
Total including shipping and tax: $47.15

*at this spending level you qualify for the Miracle Kit at the discounted rate of $10 (if you purchase your workshop kit in May, and the Stamp of the Month at 25% off ($17.21).

Better Kit = Everything in the Basic Kit + the following items:

* 1 - Recipe Card and Divider Set (includes 32 cards and 9 dividers--you might want this if you have lots of recipes!)
* 1 - Round Sponge
* 1 - Chocolate Stamp Pad

Subtotal: $60.65**
Total including shipping and tax: $69.58

**at this spending level you qualify for the Miracle Kit at the discounted rate of $5 (if you purchase your workshop kit in May), and the Stamp of the Month at 50% off ($11.48).

Best Kit = Everything in the Basic and Better Kits + the following items:

* 1 - Togetherness Stamp Set

Subtotal: $83.60***
Total including shipping and tax: $83.60

***at this spending level you qualify for the Miracle Kit at the discounted rate of $5 (if you purchase your workshop kit in May), and the Stamp of the Month at 75% off ($5.74).

You bring with you to workshop:

* adhesive (I like tombow best. Bring LOTS!)
* glue dots
* paper grimmer
* Covered drink if you want one
* treat if you want one

Margit Provides:

* your kit
* workspace
* personalized help and instruction
* use of tools: chocolate stamp pad, round sponge, pokey tool, sponges
* use of two stamp sets: B1423 - Bowl of Cherries, D1402 - Togetherness

That's it. Email me with any questions or to sign up (scrappingbee@myctmh).

No comments:

Hello and thank you for stopping by!

This is my first attempt on a blog - can you tell? I am sure you can. From what I have learned about blogs they are like an online journal and you are getting a peak into my soul ...

At this time I am trying to learn how to post my artwork with watermark and copyright and all that jazz -but I a, learning. My plan is to post my work and along with it I will explain what I used and how I made the project.

As we go along, I will also give you a peak into my life. I will share some pictures of my family, places we have been, places we have visited. So, please come back and visit often. Just know, that I am very new to this blogging thing! So, at this time - any help you can give me is highly appreciated in growing my skills in "blogging".

If you live close to me and you would like to join me in my craft place or one my crops please, check my calendar for any upcoming workshops!

A scrapbooker's quilting bee!