Friday, October 31, 2014

September 2014 Workshop - Christmas

September 2014 Workshop














 As promised - finally - here are the pictures of my September workshop! The pictures from the October workshop will be forthcoming shortly! I really do have a good excuse for being a bit behind the ball - my MIL has been in the hospital for the past 4 weeks and will likely be there for a while yet. We have been going there on a daily basis. It has been touch and go, lots of prayers...but let me tell you how a bit more about these cards ...

Really - creativity is therapy! Create for others, for yourself, but just do it! Whatever it is you enjoy, do it!

Here is a quick list of items:

C1587 Santa Claus
A1168 O Holy Night
D1553 Yuletide Greetings

I used all three sets for those three cards - love it!

Inks:

Cocoa, bamboo, cranberry, Juniper

Cardstock:

Cranberry, Ruby, Black, Colonial White, Sparkle & Shine (retired)

Embellishments:

Gold shimmer trim, red bakers thread, 3-d tape, itty-bitty sparkles, clear flourishes, red shimmer trim, sponge.

I also used the Artbooking Cartridge to cut the label for the Marry Christmas for the last card - makes it so much easier! Some of my ladies in the class are complaining that I am using the cartridges, because now they want to buy the cartridges - I mean, you get 700 images with each cartridge, 3 stamp sets and some other goodies!

As you look at each card you can see that I embellished each card with either distressing, or I added some markers to add some "umph".

Please go to my website and check in my "shopping" are to look for any of the items I mentioned up above. Any time you are looking for inspiration for cards - look at any of our previous idea books (I still have plenty extra) or our How to Books. That is where I go if I need inspiration. The internet is also a great place to go.

Please, let me know if I can help you be more creative - have fun!

If you do not want to miss any of the posts in future - follow the blog - share with your friends :) Thanks!







No comments:

Hello and thank you for stopping by!

This is my first attempt on a blog - can you tell? I am sure you can. From what I have learned about blogs they are like an online journal and you are getting a peak into my soul ...

At this time I am trying to learn how to post my artwork with watermark and copyright and all that jazz -but I a, learning. My plan is to post my work and along with it I will explain what I used and how I made the project.

As we go along, I will also give you a peak into my life. I will share some pictures of my family, places we have been, places we have visited. So, please come back and visit often. Just know, that I am very new to this blogging thing! So, at this time - any help you can give me is highly appreciated in growing my skills in "blogging".

If you live close to me and you would like to join me in my craft place or one my crops please, check my calendar for any upcoming workshops!

A scrapbooker's quilting bee!