Friday, August 29, 2014

Birthday card workshop


 These were the cards and gift bag we made at our last workshop. Don't you love those?! This time around I did not use any circut cartridges, but I used quite a bit of the new products and papers. Love some of those new papers - don't you?



This is one of my all time favorite gift bags to make - please let me know in your comments if you want me to make a video on how to make this little bag. It is super easy - once you know the fold - but you need to know the fold - so comment away! I may even do a drawing for a little gift if I get enough comments :)

Here are the products I used: B1462 Lovely Birthday
scallop punch for top edge
Scaredy Cat B & T, white CS
 

This card was layered with:

I also used the Lovely Birthday stamp set again, Thistle Ink pad, Itty bitty Sparkles, our new Sequins gold assortment, new thin 3-d foam tape, teal resin flowers and teal glitter trim



Ok, so I fibbed a little - I did use the Cricut for this card! The yellow flower was cut out with the Art Philosophy cartridge! For my cards I used a lot of layering, as you can tell - it gives the cards a lot of dimension and color. You may also be able to tell that I love to distress the edges of my cards with my scissors. Our cardstock has the white core and I like to bring that out.

As you use the cuddlebug and emboss our cardstock, go ahead and distress. It looks and it feels good to distress! Its good therapy :)

Here are the products I used B1417 Perfect Fit- Birthday, B1599 Pretty Petals, C1456 Heartfelt Treasures
Z2644 Pisie, Z2643 Canary, Z2114 Cocoa Inks
Desert Sand CS, Topiary CS, Pear CS
Z2023 Bling Gem Asst, 3-d Tape, red brads
Another note, if you ever have to look any of these items up in my website, just type the item in the search cube and it will pop up. You do not need to have the exact name of the item. Its a great feature.

I hope you can join us at our next workshop on September 22! 



 




No comments:

Hello and thank you for stopping by!

This is my first attempt on a blog - can you tell? I am sure you can. From what I have learned about blogs they are like an online journal and you are getting a peak into my soul ...

At this time I am trying to learn how to post my artwork with watermark and copyright and all that jazz -but I a, learning. My plan is to post my work and along with it I will explain what I used and how I made the project.

As we go along, I will also give you a peak into my life. I will share some pictures of my family, places we have been, places we have visited. So, please come back and visit often. Just know, that I am very new to this blogging thing! So, at this time - any help you can give me is highly appreciated in growing my skills in "blogging".

If you live close to me and you would like to join me in my craft place or one my crops please, check my calendar for any upcoming workshops!

A scrapbooker's quilting bee!