Thursday, April 9, 2015

Two workshop samples



 The last few months have been very busy in my life - my mother in law was very sick, she did pass away. I also had to deal with some health issues myself. Since she wanted to be buried with her husband in Arlington we had to wait a few months and we just came back from that.

Anyways, taking care of all of her affairs takes quite a while and so I am doing catch up work with all my artwork - sorry I am behind with posting my workshops now.

The above cards were made in my workshop in February! If you have a Seasonal Expressions 1 book you can find the WOG card making kit - Heartstrings. Everybody adjusted cards a bit the way they wanted them to look - we had a lot of fun! The kit is no longer available - however - if you love card kits - check out the new Blossoms card kit - I absolutely love it!

 If you love the little hearts I added, they are still available, while supplies last - everybody at the workshop loved them.

 Moving on - I promised I would tell you how to make those cute little treat bags. Here we go:

  • Cut across a lunch bag to have straight edge - I found these cute little colored bags at a discount store
  • Stamp on the "clean" side of the bag, not the one with glued side of the bag, it just looks nicer
  • Random stamp your bag - remember, random stamping is really not random. There is a pattern. Start in the left hand corner and go on down. Make sure you stamp off the edge as well. Hope that makes sense.
  • From the top start folding your bag every 1/3" with first fold going to the back. It will be back and forth.
  • Stop folding when you have reached the space for your artwork.
  • My card measures 4 1/4 x 31/8 for the base and 4 x 3 for this bag
  • The stripe was 5 x 1 and 1/2" the inside strip
  • Once all of those are folded pinch all of the folds together in the middle like a fan and punch a hole for your ribbon - you can see the hole in the picture.
  • Attach the card - fill the bag - make the fan again 
  • Attach the ribbon and you are done!









The materials used are:

Z2195 Lagoon ink
Z2196 Smoothie Ink for the edge
B1470 Love Ya Silly
White Daisy CS
Smoothie CS
Heartstrings Background paper

The other "Thanks" card is from the Cut Above "Happy Birthday" Card kit and I used the B1467 "You Mean the World to me" stamp set. I added some flowers from another stamp set along with some of our sequins to add a little bit of bling - don't you love bling? I do! And the card is done. You get pretty much everything you need to get this card in a hurry. All you need is a stamp set. You decide, what you want to say!

Well, that is it for these cards. I now have to get the Easter cards on the blog as well :)

Have fun for now!

No comments:

Hello and thank you for stopping by!

This is my first attempt on a blog - can you tell? I am sure you can. From what I have learned about blogs they are like an online journal and you are getting a peak into my soul ...

At this time I am trying to learn how to post my artwork with watermark and copyright and all that jazz -but I a, learning. My plan is to post my work and along with it I will explain what I used and how I made the project.

As we go along, I will also give you a peak into my life. I will share some pictures of my family, places we have been, places we have visited. So, please come back and visit often. Just know, that I am very new to this blogging thing! So, at this time - any help you can give me is highly appreciated in growing my skills in "blogging".

If you live close to me and you would like to join me in my craft place or one my crops please, check my calendar for any upcoming workshops!

A scrapbooker's quilting bee!