Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Blossom Card Workshop


 These are the cards I made this month for the card workshop. I used the Blossom WOTG kit, of course I made some of my additions :). I will explain on the individual cards what small changes I made. I love this paper - there are so many possibilities with this. If you like this kit - you want to hurry, it will go away by the end of August!





I love this card! Not only because I made it, but the summer feel! If you look closely on each Popsicle, you can see that I added some liquid glue on top to make it look like they are melting. A fun little touch. I also added the corners. With a few little touches to your artwork, you can add a little bit more to your finish - go ahead and play - make it your own!

Tip: As I have mentioned before - I love to distress - if you look closely on the edge of the green edge - you might see the white edge of our wonderful cardstock. Just take the scissors and rub until you can see  the white core - distressing done!




 On this card I also added the Liquid Glue or Liquid Glass, but I also added Shimmer Trim. Shimmer trim adds lots of bling to any artwork - you may see that in many of my cards - love the stuff! In this card, I actually cut the trim in half. You don't always need a lot, just a bit adds just enough to give that needed "bling" :)

Tip: On my bow, I glued the strings down to keep my strings in shape. I don't know about you - but I like artwork to stay in shape when it gets moved around. This way, I show it around and I don't have to constantly adjust the bow.


On all three cards I used 3-d thin and thick foam tape. Depending on how high or low I needed it for my layering. On some cards, I used both. Both tapes are great to use in conjunction. When you adhere bigger pieces like this one, make sure you always put a piece in the middle as well. If look at my leaves you may see that I also used my Shin Han markers to give the leaves some better emphasis.

Hope you enjoy these projects. If you have any questions - please feel free to contact me - if you like them, please let me know, follow my blog, follow my facebook. I would love to hear from you!

Take care and have fun!

No comments:

Hello and thank you for stopping by!

This is my first attempt on a blog - can you tell? I am sure you can. From what I have learned about blogs they are like an online journal and you are getting a peak into my soul ...

At this time I am trying to learn how to post my artwork with watermark and copyright and all that jazz -but I a, learning. My plan is to post my work and along with it I will explain what I used and how I made the project.

As we go along, I will also give you a peak into my life. I will share some pictures of my family, places we have been, places we have visited. So, please come back and visit often. Just know, that I am very new to this blogging thing! So, at this time - any help you can give me is highly appreciated in growing my skills in "blogging".

If you live close to me and you would like to join me in my craft place or one my crops please, check my calendar for any upcoming workshops!

A scrapbooker's quilting bee!