Friday, September 2, 2016

August Card Workshop - Florence

August Card Workshop using Florence papers



Here are the cards we made last month for our workshop. We used several methods of water coloring. As I post the separate cards I will note, which type we used. I loved this particular paper, alas it is now retired. But we have so many wonderful other papers, that you can easily find other papers you could use for cards to recreate the look.

Let me tell you the products I used for the cards:

C1647 A Bunch of Love
Z3251 A Bunch of Love Thin Cuts
D1687 Ornate Blossoms
1385 White CS
X5775 Sapphire CS
Z899 Memento Ink
Z3218 Rose Gold Foil Tape
Z3132 Water Color paints
Z2060 Thin 3-D tape
Z3188 Paint brush set
Z3197 Black/gold ribbon
Z3213 Florence sequence
Z3293 Shimmer pen
X7208B Florence pp
Z3224 Small Water Brush

For this cards I used the water color pencil method. 
  • Stamp your images with Memento ink - I find its the best ink to use, will not run. I use it for water coloring, coloring with Alcohol markers and pencils. 
  • Just let it sit for a minute or so and it will be dry - no heat setting required
  • Outline your image with water color pencil
  • Use the small water color brush - make sure it is not too wet. Test it on a piece of scratch paper
  • Pull in the color from the edge into the middle of the image
  • Done
  • As you color, do not go from color to color. Always clear your brush on your scratch paper. Otherwise, you will blend your colors - unless you want that look ... :)


  • Again, stamp with Memento ink
  • Use a broad paint brush and color on card base. I have already adhered the two pieces of CS on the bottom to make sure I have the right spacing. At this point, I don't care about the ribbon and embellishment yet.
  • This time I used the smallest paint brush of the paint brush set and used the water color paints
  • Once everything is dry, assemble the card as shown

  • Use the Memento ink for stamping
  • I used the water color pencils again for coloring first
  • Small brush to get water color effect
  • Distress the Sapphire CS 
Once the water color was dry on all three projects I used the shimmer brush and applied it over the color. Its hard to tell in the picture, but it adds just the right amount of bling for me. You can find all the lovely items in my website store.

Have fun!

Margit

No comments:

Hello and thank you for stopping by!

This is my first attempt on a blog - can you tell? I am sure you can. From what I have learned about blogs they are like an online journal and you are getting a peak into my soul ...

At this time I am trying to learn how to post my artwork with watermark and copyright and all that jazz -but I a, learning. My plan is to post my work and along with it I will explain what I used and how I made the project.

As we go along, I will also give you a peak into my life. I will share some pictures of my family, places we have been, places we have visited. So, please come back and visit often. Just know, that I am very new to this blogging thing! So, at this time - any help you can give me is highly appreciated in growing my skills in "blogging".

If you live close to me and you would like to join me in my craft place or one my crops please, check my calendar for any upcoming workshops!

A scrapbooker's quilting bee!