Monday, November 5, 2012

Thoughts for Thanksgiving

Just a few thoughts of Thanksgiving ...

It seems we all have thoughts of Thanksgiving at this time of year. A couple of years ago, I might have had a hard time to come up with thoughts of Thanksgiving because my mother was gravely ill and was about to pass away. Shortly there after my dog passed away as well. My husband had just recovered from lung surgery a few months before and I spend almost 6 months with him at Walter Reed. At that time of this year he was back in Iraq. And yet, I still had thoughts of Thanksgiving in my heart, just as I do this year.

Through tough times and good times, my Heavenly Father has always been there. My life has been blessed with a wonderful family. I have two wonderful sons. One just married a wonderful new wife. It warmed my heart to see him as happy as he was on his wedding day. As a mother you always see your children as a doctor or any other great such thing. But nothing is better to see them as a great person and be as happy as they are on their wedding day, when they smile at their bride and she smiles back with just as much happiness.  Those moments are priceless. Those moments, I am truly grateful for.

If I were to list all the things in my life I have ever received that deserve my thanks - I would have to write a book. And much of that are not things I purchased, but they are times spent with my family. Times I spent with them. I loved the times I spent with my sons - we had so much fun together, we were always able to laugh together, be crazy together! Matthew and I still are, ha!

The moment, my husband woke up from his surgery and the doctors told me, he would make it and he would still be able to spend more time with me ... priceless and prayers answered.

Yes, life is wonderful. So, if there is anything I can share with you. If life is hard, try to look around you and see what you can be thankful for and start with that. It has always helped me to keep going.

May the Lord bless you on this Thanksgiving.




No comments:

Hello and thank you for stopping by!

This is my first attempt on a blog - can you tell? I am sure you can. From what I have learned about blogs they are like an online journal and you are getting a peak into my soul ...

At this time I am trying to learn how to post my artwork with watermark and copyright and all that jazz -but I a, learning. My plan is to post my work and along with it I will explain what I used and how I made the project.

As we go along, I will also give you a peak into my life. I will share some pictures of my family, places we have been, places we have visited. So, please come back and visit often. Just know, that I am very new to this blogging thing! So, at this time - any help you can give me is highly appreciated in growing my skills in "blogging".

If you live close to me and you would like to join me in my craft place or one my crops please, check my calendar for any upcoming workshops!

A scrapbooker's quilting bee!