Monday, November 12, 2012

Veterans's Day

Today of all days, I can't skip and not say Thank You to all the veterans out there and their families, of course I include my husband! My husband has served in the military for over 35 years. Many times he has been hot, cold, wet, jumping in trenches, trying to stay alive and trying to keep his troops alive. Trying to teach his troops the skills they need to stay alive and keep alive. Some of the best memories he has is when he received emails from some of the troops he trained that because of the training he gave soldiers were able to stay alive and keep their buddies from dying!

My thanks go out to all the families that stay behind - I know the strength they need, I've been there for over 33 years now. We stay behind when they go, sometimes they leave for a few days, weeks or sometimes years. But the family still has to stay strong, we have to tell our children that their father still loves them, that they will be save even if we have not heard from for months. We stay strong because we have faith. Faith has kept me strong.

So, once again, let's not forget those veterans and their families - if you should meet someone who has served or helped them serve, tell them "Thank You". They have helped you stay save, even though you may not understand how, we have the freedom we have now because of those soldiers in the past who willing to serve. We keep our freedom, because of the soldiers and their families who have their back now!

Thanks.

No comments:

Hello and thank you for stopping by!

This is my first attempt on a blog - can you tell? I am sure you can. From what I have learned about blogs they are like an online journal and you are getting a peak into my soul ...

At this time I am trying to learn how to post my artwork with watermark and copyright and all that jazz -but I a, learning. My plan is to post my work and along with it I will explain what I used and how I made the project.

As we go along, I will also give you a peak into my life. I will share some pictures of my family, places we have been, places we have visited. So, please come back and visit often. Just know, that I am very new to this blogging thing! So, at this time - any help you can give me is highly appreciated in growing my skills in "blogging".

If you live close to me and you would like to join me in my craft place or one my crops please, check my calendar for any upcoming workshops!

A scrapbooker's quilting bee!