Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Veteran's Day






Veteran's Day is always a day of reflection for me. Last year my husband finally retired from the military after serving in the military for over 36 years. In many ways I served with him, because I may not have stood in the line of fire with him, but I stood behind him, making sure everything was ok on the home front. Just as so many other wives still do today. So, I am always thinking of the spouses that are left behind when the soldier has to leave.

I know what it is like, when the soldier gets wounded - I've been there.
I know what it is like, when the soldier is deployed and you do not know where they are, you hear nothing for several months, they are under fire, they could be dead, your letters are unanswered for months (before the time of cellphones!) - I've been there.
I know what is like to wonder - is he still alive - I've been there.
I know what is like to welcome him home - I've been there!
I do not know - thankfully, what it is like to have lost him... to all those who have had to go through that loss, my prayers and my heart goes out to you! May the Lord's arms surround you with his love always!

Thank You!

No comments:

Hello and thank you for stopping by!

This is my first attempt on a blog - can you tell? I am sure you can. From what I have learned about blogs they are like an online journal and you are getting a peak into my soul ...

At this time I am trying to learn how to post my artwork with watermark and copyright and all that jazz -but I a, learning. My plan is to post my work and along with it I will explain what I used and how I made the project.

As we go along, I will also give you a peak into my life. I will share some pictures of my family, places we have been, places we have visited. So, please come back and visit often. Just know, that I am very new to this blogging thing! So, at this time - any help you can give me is highly appreciated in growing my skills in "blogging".

If you live close to me and you would like to join me in my craft place or one my crops please, check my calendar for any upcoming workshops!

A scrapbooker's quilting bee!