Monday, September 7, 2015

August 2015 card workshop


Here are the 3 cards we made for our August card workshop. It was a lot of fun, but I must admit - the first card was a lot of time to cut all the overlays out. But looking at the card - well worth it - don't you think :)

Tips:

Card #1:
  • I used the Artbooking cartridge, overlay - punch out all the little cut outs from the overlay ... save the circles and stars!
  •  Originally, the overlay was 12 x 12 and I sized it down to my card size
  • For the color spots, I used various scraps of B & T papers - great way to use it up!
  • Use either liquid glass or a glue pen to adhere the scraps on the back
  • After cutting the overlay in half (you get enough for 2 cards out of each cut), adhere the color spots, then adhere 3-d spots. Make sure you have some in the middle as well
  • Also put 3-d spots on your tag to make it even.
Hope these tips, helped - if you should have any questions, please contact me and I will be more than happy to answer them.

You can find any of these products on my website.

A real easy way to look for a product is to type either the product # or the name into the search box.

Card #2:

  • After cutting my various strips I started by stamping my glacier strip in the middle using the "random" stamping method in the middle, going out to both sides.
  • Stamp the sentiment
  • Have two pieces of shimmer trim of equal length, dove tail them and adhere them to your sentiment piece
  • Then adhere 3-d spots on the back
  • Before you adhere any of the strips lay out your pieces the way you want them on your card, once you are happy the way it looks - go ahead and put it together. If you want to add more bling - go ahead! Make it your own!
Card #3:

  • Stamp the sentiment
  • Dovetail the sentiment piece
  • Adhere shimmer trip to glacier cs
  • Adhere sentiment piece, you may want to use 3-d dots for that
  • Before you adhere this piece to the white cs, lay it down where you want it and stamp the three leaves, then adhere the sentiment piece, add bling
  • Then layer your card and you are done!


Here are the products you will need:

Z1906 Artbooking Cartridge
11385 White CS
S1508 Framed (August SOM) - but we have other great frame sets
Z2060 Thin 3-d tape
Z553 Glue Pen, Mem Bond. Glue
Z2195 Lagoon Ink
Z3041 Oceanside Sequins
Z2140 Outdoor Denim Ink
C1619 So Many Smiles
X7197B Zoe Paper Pack
X5770 Glacier CS
Z2641 Glacier Ink
Z2173 Slate Ink
Z2164 Sorbet Ink
Z1918 Shimmer Trim
Y1000  1 x 1 Block
Y1003 2 x 2 Block
Y1006 3 x 3 Block
X254 White cards & Envelopes value Pack

Again, these were very fun! Until next time,

Happy stamping - Margit


No comments:

Hello and thank you for stopping by!

This is my first attempt on a blog - can you tell? I am sure you can. From what I have learned about blogs they are like an online journal and you are getting a peak into my soul ...

At this time I am trying to learn how to post my artwork with watermark and copyright and all that jazz -but I a, learning. My plan is to post my work and along with it I will explain what I used and how I made the project.

As we go along, I will also give you a peak into my life. I will share some pictures of my family, places we have been, places we have visited. So, please come back and visit often. Just know, that I am very new to this blogging thing! So, at this time - any help you can give me is highly appreciated in growing my skills in "blogging".

If you live close to me and you would like to join me in my craft place or one my crops please, check my calendar for any upcoming workshops!

A scrapbooker's quilting bee!