Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Water proof ink choices

It seems everybody likes to use water colors right now or use markers. I know I do - the worry is there to go over the line. You don't want to smear the lines. Here are a few ink pad choices for you and you can decided how you would like to use them in your artwork. I will try to make a video soon to make it even a bit easier:

CTMH Archival Exclusive Ink pad. It will take a moment to dry. By the time you clean your stamp pad with a scrubber, your artwork will be dry. I highly recommend to use a scrubber to clean your stamp pad. Even though, your stamp will discolor. But this ink pad will give you a nice dark black.

The Memento ink pad is also a great choice - I like to use this pad, because it does not discolor my stamps as much, even though I still clean my stamp right away with a scrubber. Give your artwork a moment to dry with this as well.

If you like to emboss, the Stazon ink pad is a great choice for both - outline and embossing. But you do need to let it dry before coloring in your image. I always wait for a few minutes or use a heat gun to heat set it. Again, use a scrubber to clean your stamp.


Do you want en inexpensive and colorful way for outlines and still be able to use your water colors or your markers? Use these little babies! I love the pigment inks! You can get our black and cocoa inks in bulk. So, if you use those a lot for outlines - get the bulk and maybe share with some friends :)

Hope, I was able to help you a bit - have fun!

Margit

No comments:

Hello and thank you for stopping by!

This is my first attempt on a blog - can you tell? I am sure you can. From what I have learned about blogs they are like an online journal and you are getting a peak into my soul ...

At this time I am trying to learn how to post my artwork with watermark and copyright and all that jazz -but I a, learning. My plan is to post my work and along with it I will explain what I used and how I made the project.

As we go along, I will also give you a peak into my life. I will share some pictures of my family, places we have been, places we have visited. So, please come back and visit often. Just know, that I am very new to this blogging thing! So, at this time - any help you can give me is highly appreciated in growing my skills in "blogging".

If you live close to me and you would like to join me in my craft place or one my crops please, check my calendar for any upcoming workshops!

A scrapbooker's quilting bee!